Position notice for three instructors within the Gander Oceanic Training Team.
As the demand for oceanic controllers is ever increasing, Gander Oceanic would like to advertise three Instructor vacancies on our Training team. We are looking for outstanding members of the VATSIM community to assist Gander Oceanic with it's training portfolio and to support our ever-growing Oceanic community.
- To apply for this position, an I1/I3 rating is not required.
- You are not required to leave your current division/vACC.
Position: Gander Oceanic Instructor
Reports To: Chief Instructor, Gander Oceanic (ZQO3)
Responsible For: Conducting the theoretical and practical training of oceanic students, preparing them for their assessment of competency.
- Deliver training in accordance to the Training Policy
- Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by the Chief Instructor
The ideal candidate must:
- Hold a current, active Gander or Shanwick Oceanic endorsement
- Have at least fifteen (15) hours of experience on Gander and Shanwick positions
- Demonstrate proficient command over Oceanic procedures and phraseology
- Be able to respond to emails and relevant notifications in a timely manner
- Be able to work effectively and cooperatively in a small team environment
- Be available to communicate via different mediums to support people of different cultures and backgrounds
- Be a member of good standing within VATSIM and their home division
- Have proficient command of both written and spoken English
- Be willing to dedicate an appropriate amount of time to the duties outlined above
- Maintain a regular online presence
Other items that are preferable but not required:
- Intermediate or proficient command over a Language Other Than English (LOTE)
- Previous mentoring experience
Application Process: Applications must be submitted alongside a short CV to the Gander Oceanic Chief Instructor (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the FIR Chief (email@example.com). Please include both email addresses in your application.
Any application must at minimum address all of the aforementioned prerequisites and would ideally include an explanation for why you would be a suitable candidate for the position. We also request that you include your local timezone within your application.
Applications close strictly at 2359z on the 18th of April 2020. Applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered.